[Chrysler300] Rental Car Warning for the Golden Meet!!

[Chrysler300] Rental Car Warning for the Golden Meet!!

Hello 300’ly to all!
    If you are renting a car at the Denver Airport to drive to Golden MAKE SURE you follow the directions given on the back of the Meet registration form, specifically to exit airport to Pena Blvd. and proceeding to I-70.  There is no toll associated with this route.  Should you plan to use E-470, make sure you have signed up for the Toll Road Usage Plan with your rental car agency.  This has become a nightmare since E-470 has an electronic toll collection system that you can’t pay cash. Rental cars without the usage plan incur a huge penalty on top of the tolls. The Denver Post had an article a few yrs. ago when the plan took effect of a rental car user unaware of the situation being charged a fine of $125 on top of tolls and a daily penalty from the rental agency.  NOT FUN.  If you are planning to come early and stay late around the time of the Meet and are renting a car I recommend you fully check out the Toll Usage Plan with your rental car company or pay attention with whatever electronic navigation system you are using to avoid E-470 and any other stated Colorado toll roads.  This is especially pertinent if you plan to exit the airport and proceed to Colorado Springs.  Thanks go to John Chesnutt for due diligence in this matter.  So... COME TO GOLDEN....WE GOT YA COVERED!  Rob Kern

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)