Re: [Chrysler300] 300J

Hi Lasse,
There are several vendors such as AAJ Brakes. However, the unique brake system (with remote booster under the driver side front fender) creates a unique situation that doesn't have an off-the-shelf solution that properly applies correct pressure to the front discs and the rear drums. The proportioning valve isn't an adequate solution in this case. Due to residual pressure in the master cylinder, a front disc conversion will create either drag on the rear drums or not provide sufficient breaking power to the rears. There is no middle ground. Spoke at length with both AAJ Brakes who ultimately recommended that I confer with Jeff Carter. JC was totally stumped as well and said that no clear solution exists in the marketplace. This hsentiment was echoed by several other folks I've since conferred with. Here's a description of the problem, in verbatim, from my mechanic:

"Conversion not typical. 1963-64 letter car brakes. Front drum to disc conversion plumbing problem. Unlike typical conversion. Master cylinder to REMOTE BOOSTER has a single tube line to remote booster. Then from remote booster single line supply only is connected to typical distribution block for 2 front and one rear supply lines. Therefore typical conversion from dual master cylinder supply to rear drum(residual pressure) and Front Disc (no residual pressure) with remote booster is not feasable ? Question is then of logistically plumb?"

Long story short, keep the drums on all four corners or you should convert the fronts AND rears to disc brakes.

Solutions for F/G cars do not apply to the J/K series.

300KL'y,

David Morrison
New Jersey
300K Ram Convt
300L Convt

Sent via mobile
(610) 940-1557

On Sep 11, 2012, at 2:16 AM, "Lasse Tegbjer" <lasse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
> Can someone advise where I can find discbrake conversion kit for a 300J
> Thanks
> Lasse
>
> Best Regard
>
> Lasse