RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 Chrysler 300D Upper Control Arm Bushings?????????

RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 Chrysler 300D Upper Control Arm Bushings?????????????

My 1983 Moog book lists their number as #K-309 and is listed for 1958 only.

Dave Schwandt

From: skyhawk@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:skyhawk@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 4:30 PM
To: Jean-Yves; 'David Schwandt'; 'Larry Jabin'; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 Chrysler 300D Upper Control Arm Bushings?????????????

I checked a TRW Chassis parts book, circa 1979, for the proper number and size of a 58 300D upper control arm bushing.  The TRW number then was 12173, which was sized at 1.031 OD.  The 58 Windsor upper control arm busing has a smaller OD, at 0.937, and the TRW part number is 12168. If the catalogs show that the smaller bushing is correct, then the catalog (or computer) is wrong. Try to get a parts person to change this TRW number over to another brand and see what you can find.   Dennis