RE: [Chrysler300] Leaking Coolant in my H

RE: [Chrysler300] Leaking Coolant in my H

Jim-

You can also try Old Air Products in Texas.  They rebuild the Ranco water
valves and did a good job on mine a few years ago with quick turnaround.  If
you are limber you don't need to remove the seat.  You do need to remove the
glove box.  As a temporary fix to stop the leak you can install a manual
water valve in the heater inlet hose (the hose that goes from the engine
block to the upper connection of the two connections at the water valve on
the firewall) and have no heat.  Or you can temporarily bypass the water
valve at the firewall by routing the inlet heater hose directly to the
heater inlet at the heater core connection and have full heat.  Point being
don't leave it leaking.  It may seem it is only leaking onto the floor mat
but the coolant is probably getting under the carpeting and into the
padding, and the antifreeze will make a nasty mess out of the padding over
time.

Carl B

  _____