Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Circuit Breaker FUN!

PS - I FORGOT to say that this started up once I replaced the 4 amp fuse that allows my Electroluminescence to be powered and light up!!  So I replaced the fuse...then power was re-allowed to enter the Electroluminescence Power Pack...then the dash lit up and the sound began!

Matt Allyn

From: Rich Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>
To: 'Matt Allyn' <allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Chrysler 300 List' <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:37 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 1962 Circuit Breaker FUN!

Matt:

I had a similar problem with my '55 C300 and found it to be a short in the
(unused) wiring to a non-existent backup light switch on the tranny. Years
of wear and abuse of the under-the-floor wiring had worn through the
insulation of the hot wire from the circuit breaker to the switch. It
appears the circuitry in the '62 is similar. But, it could be a short in
any of the accessories or their wiring. Fix it ASAP as you are risking a
meltdown and fire if the circuit breaker gets tired of protecting the
wiring. Inspect your bulkhead connector for heat damage which can occur due
to corroded connections on either side of the firewall-especially the big
(12 ga.) black and red wires from the alternator and battery. Heat from
either of those can melt the bulkhead connector and allow other wires in the
connector to short to each other.

Do let us know what you find.

May your good luck continue.

Rich Barber