From: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:30:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Convertible top motors

John -

Every upholstery shop I've ever spoken to has said that when not in use, the
convertible top should remain in the up position. Wouldn't a little grease
on the piston rod, which is chrome plated when new to keep the steel from
rusting, have the effect of sealing the metal from moisture ? I've owned one
of my convertibles (1970 Olds) for over 25 years. The car mostly sits in a
garage from November until May with its top up here in the humid northeast.
The top still goes up and down as it did when I bought the car in 1986.

Ron

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: