From: John Nowosacki <jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300G Information
To: "John Kuegel" <jwkco@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "cv300g@xxxxxxxxx" <cv300g@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 5:55 AM

I found this email thread in my archives:

 Ok now we are into something I know a bit about!   Hoped that might happen
sometime!  :>)

The dealership was Linder Motors and the owner was Ken Linder.   I started
stopping in there around 1970 when we moved my wives parents to Colorado.
when we moved back to NE in 74 stopping in Holdrege became a major portion
of our trips to Colorado.   Linders had a number of neat old Mopars in stock
with an amazing number of ones in the showroom.

My most desired of the bunch was the NOS 49 T&C which we finally got from
him in 1983.   We have never titled the car and still hold the manufacturers
certificate of origin on it- or at least our safe deposit box holds it.

After Ken died on September 10, 1984 I was in contact with one of his step sons and in early October we went to Holdrege to buy the G.  I was willing to go 50 % over book for the car but they wanted better than twice book
which I wouldn't do.  (I get stupid on a lot of occasions!)   We ended up
buying a 64 Silver salon which was two cars away in the showroom that day.
It probably hadn't run in 6-8 years but we started it up and drove home
anyway.   It had been traded back in to ken in 76 and sat in the showroom
since.  the showroom held probably 20+ cars without serious crowding.  BTW my T&C had a special room for it built in the showroom with its own garage door!

Anyway shortly after my visit Steve Frizell bought the G and it moved to a
farm south of town.   I've seen the car since most notably at the chrysler
museum rededication in hays Kansas a few years back.  The 60 F convertible
which the TOOL MAN now owns was also there.   Don't know if a documentation
has been done but did talk to Steve a couple months ago.  He belongs to one
or the other of the 300 clubs and is a neat guy.   farmer who has
restoration shop in the winter to keep himself busy.  he bead blasted my next to recent StRegis.

Steve also bought a 62 or so Plymouth convertible some time before ken died.
Saw it at the Nebr. City Plymouth national a few years ago.

My 55 300 is partially from Linders since the previous owner had gotten a parts car from there.  ken told him the engine had a new cam just before trade in so Keith Boyle, the previous owner had to open the engine and check it out so he saved the NOS cam and put it into an irrigation engine he had just gotten and decided to rebuild.

That engine came with my 55 300 in the end and just went into my current StRegis so I'm again driving a car with parts from Linders!  The engine must have been rebuilt 10 years ago!  runs like new though for some reason.

Anyway this is more than anyone wanted to know but I enjoyed reminiscing!

The Barracuda was the last car to sell as I understand it but don't know
where it went.   Actually missed out on most of the cars since the graveyard
west of town sold without my knowledge and I also missed the dealership
auction!   Got some neat items there through the years though.   Picked up
some memorabilia and parts the day we got the 64 even.   NOS 50 T&C
wheelcover right off the parts room wall is my favorite.

Oh also have 55 NY Wagon which I later found was sold by Ken!

He also told me how he ordered the 49 T&C through Leo Carillo (Pancho from
the Cisco Kid Series) who was at the Kansas City Introduction show.   that
guy sold a lot of very expensive cars in the 40s and 50s from what I can tell which is amazing for a dealership in Holdrege NE!

Ok I'll try stopping again and hit the end button!!!