From: Ray Melton <rfmelton@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] Need shocks for 1957 300C
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 8:19 PM

Hello Group -

I am restoring my late father's 1957 Chrysler 300C, and am currently working
on the suspension. Although the shocks on the car seem to work OK, I know
they are not original (fronts are blue Monroes, rear are no-name black
ones), so while the front end is apart and shocks are easily accessible, I
would like to replace them with modern gas-charged shocks that are
appropriately valved for the stiffer suspension on the 300C, rather than for
the supposedly softer spring rates on the New Yorker, for example. Andy
Bernbaum has gas-charged shocks, but admits that they are not really
anything different for the 300C; they are merely applicable all across the
line.

I recall (but can't find) previous correspondence on this subject, talking
about gas-charged KYB shocks. Can anyone please refer me to a current
source (and applicable FT/RR part numbers, if available) for the Heavy-Duty
shocks (any brand) for my car?

Thanks,

Ray Melton

Las Cruces, NM

1957 Chrysler 300C convertible white/Gauguin S/N 3N572517

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)