[Chrysler300] Choke Tube Insulator

Hi Gang,

I just went through a part locating challenge and won. Thought I would let you all know and save you the work.  I was looking for a replica of the white woven insulating sleeve material that is slid over the automatic choke heat sensor tubing. That, of course, is the tube running from the exhaust manifold up to the automatic choke.

I found that McMaster-Carr has a great product right in their catalog for only about a buck a foot. It can be ordered in a length of 3 ft., 25 ft., or 100 ft. The website is mcmaster.com or the phone is 330-995-5500.

Now here's the little trick of getting the right one (I had to do it wrong once to get it figured out). Even though the tubing is actually 1/4", you don't want to order the 1/4" sleeve stock - it will be too fat. Order the 1/8" size and when you bunch it up to slide it over the tube it will fit perfectly.  This stuff is woven pretty much like the old "Chinese finger pull", so it increases in diameter when you bunch it up. You will be shortening it by nearly 25% to get it on, so be sure you order enough to cover another 1/3 over your requirement - and that may mean getting the 25 footer and sharing it with a buddy or two.

The part number is 88175K31 and they call it "Ultra-High-Temperature Ceramic Sleeving".  My current catalog has the prices at:
3Ft.   $ 3.28
25 ft.  21.00
100 ft. 63.25

Have fun.