[Chrysler300] 300 F update

Well, it's out with the old and in with the new, replacement frame that is!

This car had been wrecked several times in the past before I got it and the
frame was never able to be brought into 100%

Correct alignment. Plus the frame horns were all bent and mangled as well as
the motor and sway bar mount nuts completely ripped from the frame.

Got a replacement frame years ago from Dave Clelland, Thanks Dave!!, and had
it blasted and painted so now is as good a chance I will ever get to replace
it now the drivetrain is out!

Got the motor out several weeks ago for tear down and yesterday Les and I
got the frame/steer gear, front hubs and gear out from under her in one
piece.

The newer style sissors jacks work great for lifting the body off the frame
what with the slotted lift part on top of 'em.

Actually it went pretty smooth once we got everything unhooked and out of
the way.

Put a 4 wheeled dolly  under each end of the frame and were able to scoot it
forward and then turn the whole affair sideways a little so the steering
sector would clear

And slid it out at an angle w/the gear going under the fender liner wheel
well opening.

Only snag was one of the bolts that anchors the right front mount to the
lower firewall broke

So will have to remove that liner and see what's up with that. Hope I can
weld a nut to the top of it and back it out that way if I can't get

A vise grips on it.

So now, it's fill the parts washer w/new fluid and start cleaning parts I
guess!

Going to install my freshly Steer 'N Gear rebuilt box and Booster Dewey
brake unit now also.

Pictures available if anyone is interested.

Dave Schwandt

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: