Re: [Chrysler300] 300 F update

*Such fun!!!
*
*Maybe the photos would make a nice article on our website for those who do
not have a lift to work with.
*
*Sounds like some of the work was to avoid taking off the steering box and
working around that.
*
*Ray*

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM, David Schwandt
<finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> **
>

> Well, it's out with the old and in with the new, replacement frame that is!
>
> This car had been wrecked several times in the past before I got it and the
> frame was never able to be brought into 100%
>
> Correct alignment. Plus the frame horns were all bent and mangled as well
> as
> the motor and sway bar mount nuts completely ripped from the frame.
>
> Got a replacement frame years ago from Dave Clelland, Thanks Dave!!, and
> had
> it blasted and painted so now is as good a chance I will ever get to
> replace
> it now the drivetrain is out!
>
> Got the motor out several weeks ago for tear down and yesterday Les and I
> got the frame/steer gear, front hubs and gear out from under her in one
> piece.
>
> The newer style sissors jacks work great for lifting the body off the frame
> what with the slotted lift part on top of 'em.
>
> Actually it went pretty smooth once we got everything unhooked and out of
> the way.
>
> Put a 4 wheeled dolly under each end of the frame and were able to scoot it
> forward and then turn the whole affair sideways a little so the steering
> sector would clear
>
> And slid it out at an angle w/the gear going under the fender liner wheel
> well opening.
>
> Only snag was one of the bolts that anchors the right front mount to the
> lower firewall broke
>
> So will have to remove that liner and see what's up with that. Hope I can
> weld a nut to the top of it and back it out that way if I can't get
>
> A vise grips on it.
>
> So now, it's fill the parts washer w/new fluid and start cleaning parts I
> guess!
>
> Going to install my freshly Steer 'N Gear rebuilt box and Booster Dewey
> brake unit now also.
>
> Pictures available if anyone is interested.
>
> Dave Schwandt

*Ray Jones. Y'all come on down an see us. Ya hear?*

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)