Re: [Chrysler300] What's happening to the gene pool?

Re: [Chrysler300] What's happening to the gene pool?

*I just went thru this with a 2001 Dodge Ram bought on ebay by my son with
no title.
*
*MAKE THE GRANDSON GO TO THE STATE WITH PROOF OF DEATH AND GET A DUPLICATE
TITLE!
*
*Maybe  he shouldn't tell them of the death until he has to, **he may have
to re-register it in his name when they find out.
*
*All states now work hard to keep titles from skipping them. They all want
you to register it with them for the revenue, even if you just want to get
a title to pass on to someone else  in another state.

*
*In my case the fellow died and the family left the truck sit around the
farm for years, then gave it to a charity for the deduction.
*
*The charity sold it to someone who listed it on ebay, where my son bought
it for me.
*
*The family could not find the title and wouldn't have the state replace it.
*
*Ended up I had to have it here in Arkansas, (my son drove it out on a
transport tag) for the Police to fill out a certificate of serial # proof.
*
*They had to actually copy the # off the vehicle and certify it. they
checked nationally and verified it wasn't stolen or missing.
*
*That Proof I sent to the State who determined how much the Bond would be
and then I had to buy a Bond for 1 1/2 times their stated value.
*
*With the Bond and all that crap in hand I went in and got my tags. Only
good side is that in AR, there is no tax on used vehicles bought for under
$5,000.
*
*Ray*

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM, ripinator@xxxxxxxxxxx <
ripinator@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>

> Speaking of clueless sellers, I'm talking to a kid who is trying to sell
> his
> deceased grandfather's Chrysler. He has no title or can't find it. Car is
> in NJ and I'm in MD. Any ideas how I can get a title for this car, if I
> decide to buy it ?
>
> Rip
>
> Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

*Ray Jones. Y'all come on down an see us. Ya hear?*

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)