Re: [Chrysler300] Duane DeButts

All:
Thanks, Elizabeth, for posting the sad news about Duane---better known as
D.  He and I go back a long way ----fall of 1959, to be exact.  We  were
seated alphabetically in a College Algebra class at Michigan State.   It is
ironic that our meeting involved the alphabet, as it was he who  introduced me
to the "alphabet series" Chrysler 300s.  He was also a  part of that 1968
trip when four of us Michigan boys ended  up in Louisville, KY at the Dupins
where we discovered there existed other  300 "Nuts" besides us!  (They had
three 300s!)  The 300 Club of today  grew directly out of that first
encounter.  Elizabeth (Dupin) Wieland was  present then as well.  D was with me the
first time I ever drove a  300---the "C" that I purchased in 1963.  D was my
best man  when Carol and I married as I had been for him when he and Donna
tied  the knot.  So, a lot of years and a lot of Chrysler 300, family and
friend experiences between us.  D, as Elizabeth mentioned, has been  ill, and
not involved in Club activities for some time, so it is  likely many of you
are not aware of his contributions.
He was a good and loyal friend, and he will certainly be missed by all
those who knew him and received help and advice on their car problems.
Yes, I also hope he is playing some great jazz on his beloved baritone sax
somewhere up there.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 8/12/2013 2:52:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,