[Chrysler300] 300F Transmission

I got my car back yesterday after installing the rebuilt transmission from Don Verity. Many thanks to him for his quick response to my dilemma of losing it at the VA meet. He took it home in his truck, fixed it and shipped it to me in SC. The car runs better than it ever has!!

Also, thanks to Jeff Carter for sending me his last torque converter. He has always come through for me and I appreciate his many kindnesses and willingness to share.

In hindsight, I believe I know what happened to my car. When I bought the car, the story was that the car had gotten stuck in a snow storm and the driver "burned up" the transmission trying to get the car out of a snow drift. It was then relegated to a field where it nearly rusted away. While restoring the car, I had Don rebuild the transmission, however, I am certain I used the original torque converter. Probably not the smartest thing to do to a part that failed. In removing the transmission in Virginia, it seemed clear that the torque converter was the main cause of the transmission failure.

Lesson learned for me:  Change the transmission fluid every year or so to make certain there is no discoloration of fluid or buildup of metal filings in the transmission pan that would indicate impending doom.

Again, thanks to all the helped and those that were sympathetic to my plight. And thanks to Thomas DeBusk who recommended a great guy at the transmission shop that removed the transmission while in VA.