[Chrysler300] 300F torque converter and remote booster

[Chrysler300] 300F torque converter and remote booster

The shop that overhauled the TorqueFlite in our 1964 Chrysler 300K had its
torque converter rebuilt at the shop listed below.  I don?t have many miles
on it yet, but they may be a valid source for left-coasters and others.  The
large independent tranny shop that rebuilt my Torky seems to like and trust
Saxco and that?s about all I have on them.

The TCI video and others from TCI was helpful.  A lockup TC might help the
MPG?s!  It?s rather hard to understand how a TC fails unless the little
vanes break or junk from elsewhere in the tranny gets to its precision seals
and surfaces.  Of course, high-speed kickdowns and smoky burnouts can be
hard on every moving part in the drivetrain.

BTW, Power Brake Exchange in San Jose re-rebuilt the remote booster from our
300K in about an hour today.  It will go back into the LF wheel well
tomorrow and hopefully hold a high and hard pedal.  Pictures of the booster
are available for the curious.

With all the problems going on in the world today, I am glad to see the
flames out on our little dialog.

Saxco Torque Converters
Address: 927 Berryessa Rd
         San Jose, CA 95133-1002