Re: [Chrysler300] Whoa, Nelly

On 1/13/2014 3:46 PM, LabLoverDC@xxxxxxx wrote:

> As far as the physics of tire performance goes, I found an
> interesting discussion here if anyone cares to read it.
> http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=330790 And despite Mr.
> DeKlein's apparent disregard for drag racers' intelligence, they may
> not fully understand the physics involved, but I think in general
> they've figured out how to make their cars get down the quarter mile
> pretty darn fast, and it usually involves wide tires. Shannon

AND they generally took into account the 'tire growth' that occurs
as those big fat tires spin faster. It does alter the 'final drive
ratio'

The 'contact patch' or footprint does change also.

But then these are generally considered extreme circumstances

(Old Drag racer)

--
Paul Holmgren
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: