Re: [Chrysler300] Replacement for the 413

On 1/31/2014 1:52 PM, Anna F Noia wrote:

> Dan I have a 440 that I was setting up for a Short Long ram, my hope
> is that it would run GREAT, sort of like a .120 over 413 would be.
> Remember more cubes = more horsepower, or so the rumor goes. My
> problem was I was never able to find a set of the J or K header style
> exhaust manifolds. Unable to locate a set of J/K exhaust manifolds i
> put a stock single four barrel with the HP exhaust manifolds. The
> engine was built for the Ram setup, Cam was similiar to the stock 390
> / 400 HP Ram, I am still looking for those elusive manifolds, I hope
> some one can help. Any way back to your question, the 440 will work
> replacing the 413. My question is why not make it .080 over with a
> set of even larger pistons? Make sure your radiator is good (4 core),
> put in an Engine oil cooler, clutch fan and schroud, to keep it
> running cool. Just a few suggestions, Good Luck how ever you decide.
> Best Regards, Stephen A. Noia

BEFORE even thinking about trying to overbore it again, Explore just
what is available for pistons and rings.

MORE Importantly have the block sonically checked to see if there is
enough meat in that iron for another overbore!!

There just might be some information here
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/383.html

--
Paul Holmgren
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: