From: Ray Jones [mailto:1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:02 PM
To: John Grady
Cc: Albert Vannice; kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Listsaver 300 Club
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300 E

I think that's backwards unless it's wired differently from most.

About 350° of the contacts on the switch inside the motor have power as long as the ignition switch is on.

The other 10° is powered by the wiper switch. It also supplies power to the other segments when turned on.

When that little segment is powered, the motor starts to turn and continues to pick up power from the rest of the contact circle.

When you turn it off, the power is removed from the small segment and when the motor sweep gets to that segment, it stops/parks.

Sounds like you do not have the  power to the 350° segments except when on and so it will not park when turned off, just stops wherever.

Easy to trace with a test light.

Ray