[Chrysler300] 300M

Also, just for fun.....in the spring of 1998, Chrysler had all its N. California dealers to a lunch at the Blackhawk Auto Museum and had a new M for each to drive home to the dealership.  Bob Jasinski and I each brought a true letter at Chrysler's invite so the dealer body could see the proud grandparents of the M.  We had my C300 and Bob's G.  Those of you at S. Lake Tahoe heard Martin Swig tell of the olden days in auto racing prior to the Letters.  I had called Martin, the SF Chrysler-Plymouth dealer earlier when we learned of the new "M" and I said I wanted one, and wanted to pay invoice plus $300.  Swig agreed but opined that he imagined a delay in scheduling which I, being an ex-factory guy, understood.  When I upped the $300 to $500, Swig laughed and ordered up the car.  I got it about 3 weeks after the dealer driveaway.  It was the only Chrysler built car that I never had to take to any dealer for any reason until I sold it at 50,000 miles.
It was a bit unique in that I took the Letter car rear quarter badge, glued on an E from the 1959 model only with the points down that had been right facing.  Now I had a real 300M.  Had to explain to many people where that badge came from and why