Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:51 PM
Subject: 1963 413

Hello
I got your email from the 300 club website. I am wondering about a 413  that I  have. I am not sure how the the ID pad on top of the engines for the 300 J's was stamped back in 63 but the one I have is stamped as follows; TMPHC, T41, 9-12.  Casting date of 8-30-62. Casting numbers 2205697-2, also casted in the block are the letters AAQA 3R on the drivers side front. Now with all that info this is what I have figured out TMPHC stands for 1963 maximum performance high compression engine ( max wedges had this stamped on them) T41 stands for 1963 413. Casting date and numbers are for a 1963 passenger car. The AAQA 3R stands for high nickel block (also max wedges used these blocks). I have emailed the max wedge guru's and I have them scratching their heads because the only thing this block doesn't have are the valve notches in the block that max wedges had to have the clearance for the bigger valves.  So I am wondering if the 300J engines might have been stamped this way also or maybe even the 300H engines. I would appreciate any help finding out what this engine is.
On another note I have a 1961 300G I am looking for part's, missing seats and door panels and engine parts. Trim also. If you know of anything please let me know. Thanks.
Keith Bobzien

Posted by: "C Bilter" <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>