[Chrysler300] Re: 1963 413 with TMPHC stamp and request for G parts from

[Chrysler300] Re: 1963 413 with TMPHC stamp and request for G parts from an incomi

I had a similar situation occur with a '64 New Yorker Salon I owned in the early 70's.  My Dad was a dealer in the early 60's, sold the car new and did all the service on it with both previous owners.  I bought it in 1972 from the second owner knowing that the engine had never had major work done on it since it was new.  I sold the car around 1979 to a guy who was planning to pull the engine to do an overhaul and put it in another Mopar he had.  (The New Yorker had about 276,000 miles on it at that time and the body was pretty rusted out.)  He later told me that several of the parts he purchased for the overhaul "didn't fit" and he finally determined that it was a 426 wedge block.  He exchanged the parts he had for "wedge" parts and everything worked fine.  We never cleared up the mystery as to how or why a 426 wedge block wound up in a New Yorker Salon.  I didn't see the engine code so I can't say for sure that's what it was, but that's what he told me.

David Coston, P.E.
dcoston@xxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: 618-382-2280
cell: 812-457-0479