[Chrysler300] Re: 64 Chrysler 300 K rear glass gasket needed

[Chrysler300] Re: 64 Chrysler 300 K rear glass gasket needed

Back Glass Update,  several members have mentioned that the back glass is very different from the 1960-62 cars to the 63-64 cars and even the 63-64 are different from each other. Bob Merritt checked his Hollander interchange book and reinforced that data, by actually measuring the back window of his J, and his K. Don Verity accurately pointed out, that the glass size is larger on the 62’s than the 63/64 cars. Carl Bilter mentioned to me in an email that the glass was changed in 64 due to customer complaints on the 63 and made larger in 64, but both are smaller than the 62’s. The 63 back window glass is listed at 26x58 , while the 64 is listed at 26x62, and the 62 is listed at 32x68. Anyways I have contacted the vendor and told him to edit his application chart to reflect that his part only fits the 60-62 cars, and not the 63/64’s. Well that does not help Greg Piche with his 64 gasket. Ross Therrien has a 63 NOS gasket that I have bought and will send that down to Dave Jr. at Restoration Specialties for patterning. What I need is a 64 back glass gasket to send out for patterning as well, so we can have the proper part to seal the K’s  back window glass. I can return the gasket upon completion of the patterning and it can be in rough shape, so please check your parts cars for a spare gasket and contact me. Last night I took the gasket I bought from Restoration Specialties last fall and attempted to fit it to my 63 and one can guess it was very apparent that it was much too large. it is made of two different extrusions and joined by molded corners, the lock strip is molded into the extrusion, so it is of a different design than the original.

Jamie  Hyde

585-465-0067 cell

Posted by: Jamie Hyde <Jamie.Hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>