From: 'John Grady' jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Jean-Yves' <jymopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Listserver Chrysler Club' <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Jul 30, 2014 7:45 am
Subject: [Chrysler300] gear lube

Found out some interesting ,-- could be important ---stuff.

In Auto Restorer; GL-5 gear lube has sulphur and other additives that attack brass, so not for use on manual transmissions or rear axles with brass / bronze parts ; GL-4 OK ; I know 300F has brass thrust bearings in Axle center (Timken style rear wheel bearings) , many cars of our vintage had brass transmission syncros , brass bushings in diff, etc . I have been using synthetic 75W Mobil 1, not sure now if GL-5 or 4; GL-5 made for all 100% steel bearings, like ball bearings etc typical of new cars , EP additives help those, are  in GL-5

Heads up!

John Grady, PE

Posted by: kmaniak@xxxxxxx