Re: [Chrysler300] Bill Korbel's 300G at Russo Steele

We were seated with Billy when the results of the judging were announced and I have never seen anyone happier.  He was a great guy and fun to be around.  Its a shame that we lost him at such an early age.

Pete Fitch

In a message dated 8/21/2014 1:01:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

That award was a crowning moment for Billy.  I can still picture the big beaming smile on his face as the award was announced.  He was just thrilled.  Little did we know that he would not be around all that much longer.  Glad to have known him and also his father who attended many meets many years ago.

Don Warnaar

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300G at Russo Steele

The Russo-Steele site shows the VIN for the car is 8413 159853.  That was Billy Korbel's "Lady G" which took all kinds of prizes at the Lake George meet in 2011.  Billy died shortly after the meet.  His sister said she had never seen him any happier than he was that night.  Everyone at the meet was pretty pleased about it too.

Billy joined the club in 1985. I think he bought the G shortly thereafter and had it fitted with hand controls.  Somewhere there's a photograph of Billy, in his wheelchair, with his feather duster tending to his "Lady G."

I hope the next owner cares for it as much as he did.
300ly,
Gloria Moon

Posted by: pffkllc@xxxxxxx