Re: [Chrysler300] Timing and tuneup on the 300E ........................

Re: [Chrysler300] Timing and tuneup on the 300E ..................................................

I could not adjust my AFBs on my H until I had the distributor rebuilt (by the Philbin Group).

 My problem was that (probably due to weak advance springs) the mechanical advance was coming in way too early. Since the adjustments depend on rpm changes (I used an instrument tach), a small change would cause a runaway in speed because of premature advance. At least that was my conclusion,

The rebuilt distributor allowed me to adjust the carbs below the threshold of mechanical advance coming in so I could tell if I was going too lean or too rich.

I also had my AFBs rebuilt by a professional carb restorer who replaced all my bent and deformed linkages with brand new parts.
I am still not satisfied with my idle, but its because of my skill/experience level.
 I think a good mechanic can do much better for me.

Mike Moore
300H