[Chrysler300] Daytona "D" Discrepancy

Regarding LC4 1515, the 300D raced by Dr. Herbert Magee at Daytona Beach in 1958. According to the article by Gil in "Chrysler 300 Club News" vol. 32 no. 2, the April 15, 1958 issue of "Chrysler Times" has an article/photo with trophy regarding Magee winning the Standing Start Mile at 87.485 mph. Gil also spoke to Mrs. Magee who corroborated this.

Problem is printed results from Daytona show Brewster Shaw as winner, same speed. Also "Sports Illustrated" March 3, 1958 cites Shaw as winner.

Anybody have any thoughts or further documentation on this? Does anybody have a scan of the Chrysler Times article they could email to me? I reprinted the photo of the car/Magee/trophy with Gil's article. Seems hard to dispute. Perhaps the results mistakenly cited Shaw - and SI went off the incorrect published results.

Thanks,
Andy M.
300 editor
Chicago