Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Harmonic Damper

On 2/2/2015 1:37 PM, Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] wrote:

> I just called them while ago. (Gary scared me!)
> They index the timing mark correctly using their tooling just as they
> did mine two years ago after it had slipped.
>   It can be in pieces and they can set the correct mark. You don;lt need
> to mark anything.
> Mike Moore
> 300H

> On Feb 2, 2015, at 10:33 AM, 'Ron Waters' ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx> [Chrysler300]
> <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Gary -
> If you have a ring that's been rotating over time, how would you know
> where the correct position is ? Also, what happens if you try to remove
> the balancer and the ring completely separates from the inside rubber ?
> I'll attempt to answer my own question: There must be some kind of
> alignment marking on the inner and outer pieces. I sent two balancers to
> Damper Dudes, that had done exactly what I describe above.They were able
> to rebuild them and they are now back on their respective cars and
> everything works well.
> Ron

Hears an Idea, before installing your 'new' damper, make 2 white paint
marks, a line crossing from the hub to the ring. Also Might be a nice
idea to fill the timing marks with white paint to aid in seeing them.

The hope with the line of white paint is to see when the ring starts to
move out of position as referenced on the hub.

Old Racers trick around my area was to do this to rear axle shafts.
The white line along the length of the axle made it real easy to see
when the axles started to twist and then replaced before breaking.
Usually worked because racers were tearing into their rear axles due
to gear changes or weak gears more then 'street' drivers.

--
Paul Holmgren
If No one comes from the future to stop you from doing it,

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)