[Chrysler300] Ram Power Steering Hoses Reproduction Project

[Chrysler300] Ram Power Steering Hoses Reproduction Project

John Begian has contacted me and volunteered to head up this project for the Club, thank you John. It will be project number RP1501 and look for more information on a later date from either myself, or John regarding that effort. John has an original hose to work from so no one needs to take one off their car. I agree with John Grady in regard to failure during turning vs. idling. I was driving her step fathers Cadillac model 62 in Greenville last year during the holidays and his hose blew when I was turning into the development where they live.  The hose of course has some weird ends on it that no one stocks anymore, perhaps in the 60’s you could buy one off the shelf at your friendly Western Auto Store but no longer. I took the hose off and had him take it to a NAPA store that stated that they make hoses, not all do I found out, and they reused some of the parts to make a new one, came out fine. I replaced the return hose at the same time. Like Keith and Noel stated, it makes a heck of a mess in the engine compartment, but it was in his case, time to deep clean the under hood area anyways.

Jamie  Hyde

585-465-0067 cell

Posted by: Jamie Hyde <Jamie.Hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>