From: christopher [mailto:thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 5:21 PM
To: John Grady; 300C bought in bits; 'Richard Osborne'; c300@xxxxxxx
Cc: 'Michael Moore'; 'Robert Merritt'; jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx; 'Rick Vitek';
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 413 motor I/d help

Thank you to all that replied re Motorhome 413 motors and alloy case trans
attached to it/them.

I was originally trying to keep the original '59 Dodge push button set up,
and use a trans that had the late 50s 8 bolt crank to convertor pattern, as
I found later 383s etc used a 6 bolt pattern, and therefore if I used a
later 383, I could not bolt it up to a handbrake drum type torqueflight.

So thanks to all those that replied, I now know later build Motorhome 413s
use totally different heads (angled plugs etc), plus visibly have a
huge/ugly water pump set up on front of engine, and yes the exhaust
manifolds are clearly different - look better than later 283/440, but cannot
be used a higher comp non motorhome heads.
But it seems the alloy case torqueflight is a possible 'mate - bolt up' - to
the later 60s 6 bolt 383/440 crankshaft/motor? (383 started 1959 (as per my
Dodge) as an 8 bolt crank pattern, then in mid/late 60s? went to 6 bolt
pattern) - and if that is true, it gives us early 300 owners a way to use
the later/lighter alloy case 727 torqueflights in our early 300s - BUT ONLY
IF USING THE early(late 50s into early 60s)/hemi 8 bolt convertors, which I
guess might only be found in first alloy case torqueflights - used maybe
about only 2 years?
So it likely easier just to use a whole early 60s alloy case 727
Toprqueflight that still had handbrake on rear, and totally forget Motorhome
one - only advantage with motorhome one is having later/standard slip yoke
tailshaft end/driveshaft?

If any of all this has been helpful to 300/413 equipped 300 owners, then we
all now know a bit more,

thanks to all from early autumn Australia,

Christopher

  _____