From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hugh Baldus hugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:20 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300K driver's seat upholstery

Hello all,

My 53,000 mile 300K developed a front-to-back seam split in the driver’s seat bottom at the end of the last driving season.  I believe it to be the original material (sky blue, correct perf, etc.), and doesn’t appear fixable.  My mechanic preemptively ordered a set of front covers from Legendary, who he swears provides the best alternative.  I am not at this point obligated to buy them from him.  Opinions?  Should I do just the driver’s seat bottom, preserving the rest of the kit for when needed, counting on a great match?  My reflex would be to do both front seats, even though the passenger side is almost perfect, to avoid a mismatch.  Agreed?  I would, of course, preserve all materials removed, in any case.  I haven’t put an eyeball on the match, since my car is still in storage away from the kit.

The car has gone from a show car (11k miles in 31 years to 4k miles in the year I have owned it) to a “go car”, so I expect usage wear to crop up here and there.    Totally worth it, in my book.  Thanks-

Hugh Baldus

The Baldus Company

260.424.2366

Posted by: "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxx>