[Chrysler300] What is so rare as a Chrysler in Spring?

[Chrysler300] What is so rare as a Chrysler in Spring?

Here is the current listing of ’55-’75 Chrysler’s on e-Bay:

1975 (1item)

1971 (1item)

1970 (3items)

1969 (2items)

1968 (2items)

1967 (2items)

1966 (1item)

1965 (1item)

1964 (6items)

1963 (2items)

1962 (4items)

1961 (3items)

1960 (1item)

1956 (3items)

1955 (3items)

300’s:  2-K conv’s, ’67 4dht, ’68 conv, ’70 conv (low rider), G coupe, J, ’62 Sport coupe

Faulty hits from the search:  ’55 Dodge PU, ’60 Ply Fury, ’70 Hemi Charger, ’70 Challenger T/A Tribute.

Bidding is only enthusiastic on the Charger & Challenger.

So yes—Chryslers are/were always rare.  Especially the 16,856 original letter cars and the 3,435 survivors.  Definitely not belly-button cars.  We are a niche group—the few, the proud.  The rest don’t know what they’ve been-a-missin’, Oh Boy.  As Tom McCahill said 60 years ago—

"This is definitely not the car for Henrietta Blushbottom, your maiden schoolmarm aunt, to use for hustling up popsicles for the kiddies."

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

Parted with the ’55 today—going to a good home in IL. Had it nearly 11 years.  Trunk & back seat full of trophies and memories.  Had a nice final run down the freeway at 80+.  Squirrely as ever on those old L78-15 bias plies.  Ya gotta drive that brute.  Final near catastrophe:  Gasoline leak at the inlet to the engine-mounted fuel pump.  The electric fuel pump at the back does pressurize the system from that pump to the inlet of the mechanical pump and the tiny little worm-screw clamp (not stock) that secures the flex hose to a brass fitting at the mechanical pump inlet needed a turn or two to stop the leak.  That system is normally at atmospheric pressure or less.  Something else to watch for with the electric pump on full time.