RE: [Chrysler300] '63 300 Torqueflite mount specs

It happens when slowing down (15 mph) and turning right (just a 90 degree corner), but there is a hair pin turn that I take sometimes and that really is the culprit.  I believe the problem would mostly go away if I kept one foot on the accelerator and one on the brake.  This would point to the carb itself or maybe the carb linkage?

When I just let the car move slowly (less than 5 mph) and then jam on the brakes (going forward), it sometimes will die.  This is what led me to believe that the engine may be pivoting and the min throttle speed is not maintained.  I have two springs on the accelerator return for a firm accelerator pedal.  Maybe I should take one off and see if the problem goes away?   All this stalling happened after the engine & trans were taken out, rebuilt, and reassembled.  No other changes have been made.  As I mentioned, the same problem occurs with two different carbs, one professionally rebuilt.

From: mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx [mailto:mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 2:52 PM
To: mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] '63 300 Torqueflite mount specs

     Does this happen only in an aggressive turning maneuver or is it even in a gentle turn giving trouble?

     There is almost no change in engine mount load with any maneuver except that which is imposed by throttle position and engine torque, such as acceleration and transmission shifting.  The likelihood of the engine being "slung" out of place in a turn is not very great.  If it happens in gentle turns as well as in aggressive ones you might suspect a wire is loose, or maybe even intermittently shorted.  If it's only a problem in aggressive maneuvers I'd still suspect carburetion issue.

------------Marshall Goodknight