So, perhaps he doesn't know, or maybe there is confusion regarding whether this is that BJ car, but he's representing it as the real deal.  As others said, it would be best to proceed with caution.

Shannon
300 F convertible (a real one)

On Jun 5, 2015, at 9:44 AM, 'David Schwandt' finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What did I say???

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Pristelski ajp002@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 7:07 AM
To: Chrysler 300 List
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] known car 8403 156821

This car was at the 1998 Barrett Jackson auction where I saw it in person. The owner was near by and told me that only 4 F terra cotta convertibles were made in 1960, and that this was likely the only one left. When I reported to the Group, several persons sent me emails saying that this was not true and that they personally had a terra cotta F convertible.

The color is described in the auction as terra cotta, but it is not even close (I have an F hardtop in terra cotta so I know first hand what this color looks like). It is more of a mauvish red color. The color is not too far from the 1961 Chrysler dubonnet color; remember the color of John Hertog's 1961 Newport hardtop?

Even worse, it has an 842 body code (for an F two door hardtop), not an 845 body code for an F convertible. When it went across the auction block, BJ said that it was a "made car". It did not meet the reserve and did not sell at that auction.

Buyer beware -- for sure!!

Posted by: Shannon <labloverdc@xxxxxxx>