[Chrysler300] C shocks

Hi all,

1)Just drove “back from the dead” restored C convert (frame replacement!) first few 100 miles, both new REAR shocks lost all the oil, = they shock no more . I know info is on web site, but wanted latest info on what is working, for real . NOS suspect, if NOS, do not have details yet,  as seals are old..want the best new shocks for car. Car sits high on springs now , probably too high --wondered if normal road bounce and up travel,  offset up a few inches up  hurt shocks …?? (more extension) Where is up travel stop? In shocks, it seems  ?

Only reason I say that , is extremely unusual that BOTH shocks dump in 100 miles ..

Hemi really strong in this car, Isky cam , 4 bolt headers bigger pipes all the way really perk it up compared to other C,D I have ; 1-2 chirp really NICE! Strong running hemi ready to jump!

Thank you to JY and Pierre on engine assembly help!

2) The temp gauge on 57 has obviously different gauge design than F and up, which I am familiar with(F= regulator and thermal gauge)  ; the sender in the C is correct for F I think, about 150 ohms cold, 10 hot , working right, but 150 cold  sends the 57 gauge to full hot…and it stays there  Right away, so gauge ok, drops to C with wire off ,  wiring ok. Is 57 sender a different animal than 60 up? Different (higher) ohms cold /??

Thanks, John

Posted by: "John Grady" <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>