Best Regards,
Stephen A. Noia
1-408-210-4736 cell

On Monday, June 29, 2015 6:28 PM, "'Mark Lindahl' mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave,

Rebuilt engines are tight and therefore tend to run hot, especially with your foot on the brake at a stop light.  I also expanded my radiator from 2 row.  With the old 383, no hot engine.  With the newly rebuilt 413 (0.040 over), I am running hot too.  I have only driven it about 5000 miles in the last 4 years since it was rebuilt.   I do not remember my new thermostat temperature, but it should open way before the temp gauge gets into the upper limit.

Regards,
Mark Lindahl
’63 300 Conv.

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Dumais dave.dumais@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 8:05 PM
To: Chrysler 300 List
Subject: [Chrysler300] thermostats

    question came up. I am running a 160 thermo with new 4 core set up.
Is there a difference running a 180, will the 180 close and reopen?
Should there be a 195?

And does the 4 core 64 have a 13 # cap?

What about the head gasket, as mentioned by another member?
Will check fluid level after cool down.

thanks,
Dave D.

Posted by: Anna F Noia <sa-noia@xxxxxxxxxxx>