Re: [Chrysler300] Hayden 2765

I just put a Haydon 2705 thermal clutch on my 61 G with a/c and it fits perfect. All the holes are the right size. Overall height is 3.109375 inches. I also bought an AC Delco #1580245 and it looked identical to the Haydon and has the same dimensions but is about $30 more than the Haydon Rock Auto. I thought it would be better but they both say Made In USA.

-----Original Message-----
From: 'David Schwandt' finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Dave Dumais' <dave.dumais@xxxxxxxxx>; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Club <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jul 2, 2015 10:11 am
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Hayden 2765

Dave, does your car have A/C??

I bought a 2765 thinking it would be correct for the F, I got that number some years back from someone here on the forum, but the water pump shaft hole is too big, there is a split bushing included with it though to take up the slop. Got it from Rock auto this spring but cannot return it as it is past the date they will allow returns. So, now I’m stuck with it..

Also, the slotted mount plate is smaller than original, when you go to install it, the bolts are very close to the outside of it and look like they would need a flat washer under the lock washer to make it secure.

Carl Bilter swears the 2705 is the correct number and it fits his J with A/C just fine.

Don’t make the same mistake I did.

Dave Schwandt