RE: [Chrysler300] Need some help on electrical problem

RE: [Chrysler300] Need some help on electrical problem

Al:

Remember that power for the ignition system and the control side of the starter solenoid flows from under the hood—beginning with from the battery when the engine is not operating, through the very weak link of the bulkhead connector, to the ignition switch, then back through the bulkhead connector via two different wires to the ignition ballast resistor.  Engine kill while running and no subsequent operation of the starter relay indicate a problem in the ignition switch or the connection at the bulkhead connector.  If you have an oil pressure light on with the ignition key in the run position, that indicates you are getting power for the ignition at the outlet of the ignition switch as they come from the same terminal.  And, I’ve heard lots of stories of bad connections and grounds at the alternator/voltage regulator.  This in addition to the known problems with good clean connections at the bulkhead connector.

A jumper to the starter relay should trigger cranking.

MoPar to ya!

Rich