RE: [Chrysler300] 300J with Cruise Control

RE: [Chrysler300] 300J with Cruise Control

Larry:

The 1964 Chrysler options price list indicates the Auto Pilot was available for all Chryslers with TorqueFlite & power brakes, Including those with the 332 Firepower 390 Package.  Then under the 332 package it says it is NOT available on cars with Auto Pilot.

Ref.: http://www.jholst.net/tech-manual/option-price.pdf

I think the latter is correct as I don’t think there is room under the driver’s side ram for the Chrysler AutoPilot.   Does your new 300-JETT have cruise control?  (That will make a nice personalized plate in CA).

Other aftermarket cruise controls were pretty flexible and more compact and perhaps would fit.

Just take her up to about 145 MPH and set her on cruise.  At an assumed 7 MPG, a full 23G tank will keep you going for 1.11 hours!

Rich