Re: [Chrysler300] Road trip UPDATE final

My recollection is that we used to put aluminum foil (some folks would use the foil from cigarette package) on the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb to stop vapor lock.
Fern

Sent: Friday, August 07, 2015 11:41 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Road trip UPDATE final

I never bought the idea of the wooden clothes pins actually cooling the fuel line but it did seem possible that they actually insulated the line and just possibly mechanically stabilized the lines and prevented some vibration-induced vaporization???. Opening the hood, stopping cranking and letting some of the heat out from under the hood might have helped. I used clothes pins and water from pop bottles many times effectively on my ’40 and ’49 Fords (miserable but beautiful cars) as I drove down to Friedman’s Chrysler-Plymouth in Des Moines to see the new ’55 Chrysler 300 now owned by member Dan Haffner in Iowa. That white C-300 was sold to J.C. White (naturally) a wealthy local contractor—just the guy the car was created for—like you guys & gals!. And, set me up for a lifetime of 300-itis. J.C.’s son and I were 16 when the car came to town and he reported that he would occasionally “borrow” dad’s car and turn a few hot laps at the Pioneer Raceway ¼ mile dirt track on SE 14th St. for the fans.

Rich Barber

Posted by: "Fern Rivard" <crc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>