[Chrysler300] '63 Chrysler 300 - Stalling due to leaking Power Brake Boo

[Chrysler300] '63 Chrysler 300 - Stalling due to leaking Power Brake Booster

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help regarding stalling on turns.  The culprit was the power brake booster.  There was a static leak and this caused a vacuum leak in the engine, along with more engine load from the power steering pump = engine stall.  With a new rebuilt booster, all is well.

One last question: How important is the rubber gasket on the dual reservoir (upgraded to 1966) master cylinder?

Upon inspection, one of the cups is perfect and the other side is all bent up and will not easily return to its original shape. Not sure how this happened.

The 300 seems to stop fine and there are no leaks.  Could this rubber gasket distortion happen due to a bad mixture of brake fluid?

Do they just sell the rubber gasket or do I need to buy the cap with gasket or ?  Thanks!

Regards,

Mark Lindahl

’63 300 Conv.

Posted by: "Mark Lindahl" <mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>