Re: [Chrysler300] Brake shoe retainer/hold down spring - G

Take your petty banter offline.

Joey

Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 6:59 AM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Brake shoe retainer/hold down spring - G

“Parts Monkeys” was not used… because that’s a term a group of car parts salesmen use for themselves. As for counter monkeys (also used by car parts persons) I was referring to the help at your chain parts stores. Most did not know what a retainer spring for a brake shoe was. Consistently all they could do was enter yr/make/model in the computer, look at a section such as brakes, and see what the computer listed. If it’s not in their computer it doesn’t exist. Try to ask that person to let you go and look at brake hardware kits for a comparable part. I contrast that to the help I grew up with in the Detroit area in the ‘60s and ‘70s ( I didn’t sell car parts, I made them) when the person behind the counter had some familiarity with cars. Note also how I contrasted that with the persons at NAPA who went to the paper catalogs and after diligence found the part. Ask your chain store to look at their paper catalogs. And you can be sure I thanked the guys at NAPA who went to the effort to actually look.

As for my being a “ red neck” , that’s a good one. I’ll have to share it at my next Stanford alumnae meeting.