[Chrysler300] Throttle sticking

Hello and good morning, car people.

Daily-driver status for my 300K, some of it at full throttle.    This included during a trip from Auctions America Auburn (IN) Fall event).   I mashed the pedal to make a pass, and the throttle stuck wide-open.  It has happened 2 times previously, both corrected by quickly lifting it from underneath with my foot.  This time it was harder to dislodge, and was an uncomfortable 15 seconds to release it, riding the brakes and prepared for a shut-down if necessary.  I even pulled it by hand.  My 82 year old father, sitting in the front seat, waited about a minute and broke the silence with a calm question:  “Has that happened before?”.  82 years as a car nut have steeled his nerves.

Time for action, as I have no plans to drive that vehicle without the chance to “release the beast” (RAMS).  Are there “usual suspects” to troubleshoot that I should have my capable MOPAR mechanic focus upon?  Do I remember reading that there is a plastic bit in the linkage that is troublesome?

The Auburn Fall Auction is a must-see, by the way, great museums and activity, and a lot of auction cars (870) and a couple hundred in the “Car Corral”, where owners stick a price on the windshield and see what happens.  Sales were over $20M and 85,000 people attended.  I watched the 300L Convertible 4-sp., black over red, get chandelier-bid to $60,000, they wanted $80,000.  Unlikely.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hugh Baldus

The Baldus Company

260.424.2366