FW: [Chrysler300] Rte 6 River to River road trip update

FW: [Chrysler300] Rte 6 River to River road trip update

 After heavy rain on Thursday night and a wet car to wipe down this morning we set out on US Route 6 from Davenport at about 9:30 AM this morning with a police escort out of town. Uneventful trip thru Iowa City  and into Tiffin where most of the gang stopped for lunch after which it was back on the road west to our next stop in Marengo.  There we toured the local Pioneer Museum. This was among the best small town museums I have ever had the pleasure to have visited. Well lit, clean and laid out in sections devoted to separate topics with a well informed volunteer staff to offer assistance and answer questions.

It started to rain as soon as we got there and we were glad most of the exhibits were inside buildings. After a few hours there it was off again, in the rain, sometimes heavy, to Newton where there was to have been a car show and cookout hosted by the local Hy-Vee food store chain and the visitors bureau. The rain pretty well washed out both so everyone was more or less on their own for the evening.

The weatherman calls for clear skies and temps in the upper 70’s for tomorrows run into Des Moines for a tour of the Iowa Capitol bldg. and from there on west to Council Bluffs for another car show in the historic district of downtown.

Dave & Carolyn

Posted by: "David Schwandt" <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>