To: thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:17:20 -0700
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300H idle speed

John, I appreciate your response although I do not know that much about Holleys. As John says, mine is a Carter Aluminum Four  Barrel.

Thanks for the help!
Mike Moore
Morgan Hill, California
(used to spend time in Alice Springs!)

On Oct 26, 2015, at 1:57 PM, christopher <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The last months I have been so busy, I not even had time to read Club posts/site, so sorry if someone already suggested what can often cause a rough idle, and whether it applies here.

A lot of 60s-70s US V8s have carby that has a power valve - on my late 70s TBirds and Lincolns it is on the front lower side of carby - Holleys same period use them often.  It is a round 'with flats on edges so spanner can tighten; small piece that has a spring loaded centre - according to it's vacuum choice, it opens once the vacuum strong enough to overcome the spring. The spring is held in the centre of a thin rubber like skin.

IF THAT RUBBER PERISHES - gas eats/destroys it - it can let gas/fuel into the motor ALL THE TIME. Youi do not notice this leak much under power, BUT AT IDLE IT REALLY OBVIOUS, as the motor running rich will 'roll', just like I think I saw re this Member's query/topic?
The power valve is not visible, it usually under a small flat square type plate on bottom of carb - the plate undone by 4 small bolts/screws.

If someone already suggested this, sorry for the repeat - I had one recently that was near new, but faulty - if car runs OK when cold, but clearly worse  - rolls/hunts on low throttle- once warmed up, that a pretty good clue to check power valve,

Christopher in Australia - grain farmers having bad/dry end to winter crops in southern parts of nation, gas prices at pumps now often around $5 a gal versus near $7 earlier this year

CC: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx