Re: [Chrysler300] Sudden drive train lock-up

Re: [Chrysler300] Sudden drive train lock-up

Chris, Good to hear from you!~  I suspected that initially, and it has been brought up before. I cycled the parking brake several times and it worked fine. I have recently installed a new cable and brake shoe  so am pretty familiar with its condition. Also, when I removed the drive shaft to inspect the U joints, I did turn the e-brake drum back and forth. There is no grinding  or rubbing so I believe it is ok and see no reason to disassemble it.
I remain suspicious of the Sure-Grip clutches in the diff as I had a problem a couple of years ago with them seizing up and causing a similar jarring and shaking of the car as though something was locking up-except I was driving.

I thought the R&R of the lubricant along with adding the corrective Mopar ointment had solved it, but who knows. Randy’s can install a new clutch pack plus replace all the bearings and seals.This car has well over 300,000 miles on it.  (I contacted Randy’s Ring and Pinion in Everett a while ago and am currently planning on pulling the axles, then the diff and shipping it to them to inspect and refurbish.)
Best, Mike Moore
300H