Re: [Chrysler300] Axle spacers in Power-Grip differentials 300H

Re: [Chrysler300] Axle spacers in Power-Grip differentials 300H

Thanks Dan,
Jeff Carter told me that pulling the axle out sometimes seems to create a vacuum and “sucks” the spacer out. He also suggests heavy grease.I worry about this: if that pin falls out, you can’t properly set the preload on the wheel bearings  PLUS you have a sizable chunk of hardened steel spacer floating around some whirling gears

But since my diff will be out anyway (and clean) I am very interested in this rivet retainer. I am also interested in what happened to the roll pin which used to be there as it wasn’t in my sump.
Best regards,
Mike Moore
300H