RE: [Chrysler300] C300

Hi, Johnny:

Thanks for adding to the information base and lore of the iconic 1`955 Chrysler C-300.  Can you describe this tag you reference and point out its location?   Maybe a photo for my archives?

I seem to recall that the exhaust tips were on the list of standard equipment in the original brochure.  From somewhere I have copied this for the C-300:

Base price includes:

Windshield washer, custom steering wheel, safety cushion

padded dash panel. seven-pack clutch in PowerFlite (instead of six),

dual exhaust pipe deflectors, power brakes,

Oillite fuel filter in gas tank, sealed beam bullseye headlamps,

luggage compartment and glove box lights, map light,

14 mm resistor spark plugs (0.55"),

Special safety super-cushion nylon tubeless white sidewall tires

8.00 x 15 4 ply,

Now I’m wondering about our concours judging of C-300’s.  Are original or reproduction exhaust deflectors required or dinged?  As I recall, the Studebaker Club repro’s them.  I bought a pair from somewhere.  They were a little crude but in polished stainless steel, they fir and worked OK.  Here is a current link.  http://smallstreams.com/store/2-Exhaust-Deflectors-55-56-Chrysler-Desoto-Dodge-Plymouth-1955-1956-New-Pair_141799293202.html   or:  http://tinyurl.com/obvptyw

Not to mention the presence or absence of the tag you described.

C-300’less,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA