[Chrysler300] Re: 413,or 440 block

Also if the block is going in a 65 300 L it has to have the special holes on the boss in the front behind the power steering pump to allow the DS motor mount to bolt up. It is a one year only engine for the US 413 and a very hard to find 440 block than has the holes drilled and tapped.  Read the Schumacher Creative services website for additional images of these on a 413/440.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/65cBodyBRB.html

Interesting side note about these mounts, I met and spoke with Mr. Norm at Moparfest last year about his Big block program that he did with the A body’s in the 60’s and he saw my 300 club hat and shared with me that he used the 1965 300 413 motor mount to attach the BB to the A body cradle and provide clearance. He figured that if it was good enough for the 300 letter car in 1965 it should work for his application. He also spoke of how he did the project as he had a customer in his show room on a Thursday that would pay cash if he could get a bb in a Dart. He told his service department to make it happen, and over a weekend they did it, so on Monday morning he had brand new BB Dart and the customer bought it. That week he then contacted Chrysler and they told him it could not be done, so he built another BB A body and drove it up to Highland park and met with Lynn Townsend who made his engineers come out and look a the car. Mr. Norm was one the largest volume selling dealers in the country at the time that is why he got an audience with the top management at Chrysler.

Jamie  Hyde

Posted by: Jamie Hyde <Jamie.Hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>