Re: [Chrysler300] Non-ethanol Gas

Terry, I live in Canada but suspect this may be true in the US as well. Road and transit taxes, among others, are added to fuels sold for use on public roads that aren't added to marine, farm, and avgas. Use of those fuels on public roads amounts to tax evasion here so one must be careful what he/she admits to on public forums I would think. Going back 20 or more years ago, locals in farm communities around here sometimes had their fuels sampled by police to ensure they were not running 'illegal' fuel. The color was always the give-away as dyes were added to all fuels to identify more than just octane ratings.

I'd be interested to know if this is still the case or if it was ever an issue in the USA?

Just in case you needed to know, this was sent from my iPhone.