RE: [Chrysler300] 300-F Anti-stall Dash Pot Vacuum

RE: [Chrysler300] 300-F Anti-stall Dash Pot Vacuum

Hi Bob,

Just attach to manifold vacuum ; at the best A/F ratio at idle , the vacuum and RPM rise , you go for high vacuum with idle screws, then back RPM down, with air valves , do a few times , (it interacts) while keeping all 4 idle screws open about that same..Idle valves the same ; put band on them or stripe with magic marker, like an arrowhead so you know .That assumes good tapers, why the Edelbrock stuff,

Doing it by some kind of magic ear wastes a few days! Smile. Easy with vacuum gauge like Andy says.

Unisyn is more for air flow matching, ---just counting air valve location off zero on 300 ram carbs ought to do that, keep the same air flow. Unisyn very good for setting air flow for multiple carbs , when each has an idle or throttle stop. Fussiness of air flow is probably at idle why these carbs have an air valvc  not a throttle stop ..that and simultaneous opening off the stop of both sides of engine. Where is the stop to be adjusted then? Needs to be involved with linkage then. The rams are really more like two 4 cylinder engines., on mixture/ idle airflow  things. I doubt mixture goes across balance hose ..it should not.  Obviously be sure both carbs are 100% closed throttles at start of this.

Can’t help but note how parallel the air valves are to later IAC motor controlled air valve for idle on modern FI systems! We are doing same thing!